This is a community for fans of the daytime drama, Guiding Light.
1) Respect the members of this community and the actors/staff associated with the show. If you are unclear what this means, a good measure to go by is, if you would not say something to someone's face or in a room full of their/its fans, do not leave it in a comment or write it in a post. Comments/posts that are rude/ignorant/intolerant/disrespectful or just plain nasty are not ok. This community needs to be safe haven where all fans of the show can feel free to talk about GL without there being a drama storm. And please remember, it takes less time to scroll on by something you don't like than it does to leave a comment. Repeat offenders will be banned.
That being said, criticisms are welcome.
2) If a post/comment is made that is disrespectful, etc. Contact me. Do not get involved beyond that. Contact me via private message by clicking here. I’ll get back to you and deal with the situation as promptly as I can.
3) If you make a post/comment and there is an incident, do not delete the post or any of the comments. Let me know about it first. If you say someone is doing XYZ and there is no proof, how can I help you?
4) If you are posting an image there needs to be a source cited and upload it to your own photo account/sever. If you need help with this, let me know. Absolutely no hotlinking pictures, it steals bandwidth and that’s not cool. I recommend Photo Bucket. It is really user friendly. I am even willing to upload images for you, just send me a message.
5) Maintainers/Moderators reserve the right to ban you from the community or temporarily remove your posting access. These actions will not be used without good reason. If you are close to being banned/losing your posting access, I’ll most likely let you know. Moderators/Maintainers reserve the right to ban you without notice.
Created by Irna Phillips.
Guiding Light began on radio, on January 25, 1937 and ran until September 18, 2009. It will be missed.
Produced by Procter & Gamble Productions Inc.
Guiding Light originally revolved around a minister named Rev. Dr. John Ruthledge (played by Arthur Peterson) and his congregation in Five Points, IL.
While on the radio it was canceled by NBC, five times: 1939, 1941, 1942, 1944 and 1946. Its cancellation from television by CBS was announced on April 1, 2009.
It aired on both radio and television from June 30, 1952 to June 30, 1956.
It is the only broadcast show to air on ABC, CBS, and NBC.
Guiding Light has taken place in three different locations:
Five Points, IL (a fictional suburb of Chicago) from 1937 to 1946
Selby Flats, CA (a fictional suburb of Los Angeles) from 1947 to 1965
And it finally moved to Springfield, Illinois in 1966, where it remains to this day.
First color show: March 13, 1967
First half-hour show: September 9, 1968
First hour-long show: November 7, 1977
Guiding Light is the world longest running soap opera, credited on the Guinness Book of World Records.
Directors: Robert Scinto, Susan Strickler, Andrew Lee, Jo Anne Sedwick, Matthew Lagle, Bruce Barry, Adam Reist, Tracey Hanley Bryggman, Joe Cotugno, Ellen Wheeler, John O'Connell, Brian Mertes
Head Writers: David Kreizman, Christopher Dunn, Lloyd "Lucky" Gold and Jill Lorie Hurst
Executive Producer: Ellen Wheeler
Co-ordinating Producer: Maria Macina
Casting: Rob Decina
Names in Other Countries:
Haine et passion (France)
Springfield Story (West Germany)
Affiliated Live Journals and Communities: - purrfect_fanfic A purrrfect place for fan fictions of many fandoms. Guiding Light fics especially wanted. - x_decemberlove Guiding Light icons posted here. - shaynah_lvr A community for Shayne and Dinah (Shaynah) fans.